School is out, and it’s time to find family friendly activities for your kids.
St. Paul has so many opportunities of things to do with your family! We have found a few suggestions of programs and places to check out this summer, as well as a helpful program providing meals for kids up to age 18.
- The city of St. Paul has a Roaming Recreation program providing outdoor activities for kids throughout the St. Paul neighborhoods. These local parks have afternoon and evening programs available. They also have arts, crafts, and snacks for the kids. The best part – it’s FREE! Visit their website to learn more: www.stpaul.gov/departments/parks-recreation/programs/roaming-rec
- Music and Movies in the Parks is another great outdoor option for families. They are scattered all over St. Paul at varying parts of the afternoon and evenings. Check the website for locations and for music genres and movie ratings. There is something for everyone’s tastes here! www.stpaul.gov/departments/parks-recreation/activities/summer-activities-events
- In the Como neighborhood, is the Como Regional Park Pool! Just opened June 10th, this facility has diving platforms, 25-yard lap pool, child play area with slide, zip line, and a 400-foot lazy river. With very low rates, this is the place to be on sweltering summer days! www.stpaul.gov/departments/parks-recreation/aquatics/como-regional-park-pool
- Summer Blast is a great program for kids from 1st through 6th It’s free and provides arts, outdoor activities, sports, nature activities, water fun, and literature programs. A snack is provided at every location. Pre-registration is required as space is limited. Follow this link to find the locations and more information: www.stpaul.gov/departments/parks-recreation/recreation-centers/programs/summer-blast
- “Saint Paul Parks and Recreation has partnered with Saint Paul Public Schools Nutrition Services to provide free summer meals at recreation centers and Phalen Beach for youth 18 years of age and under and persons over 19 who participate in a public or nonprofit private school program for persons with disabilities. All sites serve meals Monday through Friday unless otherwise noted.” www.stpaul.gov/departments/parks-recreation/programs/free-summer-meals-program